The snowstorm was increasing in fury as Jewel drove down out of the mountains. She knew the road well and was relieved that there was but one more curve to go before the road would angle downwards for the last time and then flatten into a straightaway to the city beyond. The snow fell thick and fast, becoming a white out, and blocked her vision despite the struggling efforts of the wipers to clear it. Jewel took a deep breath then exhaled slowly to calm herself as she entered the curve. She flexed her fingers from the death grip she had on the steering wheel and gritted her teeth as she uttered yet another prayer. An image flashed in her mind. She saw herself as a passenger in another car, in another time. There was a man beside her and he was smiling. She felt full of love and hope. Even as she felt wrapped in love’s embrace, her prayer seemed to go unanswered as she felt the rear wheels of her vehicle slide out and pull her over the edge of the road. The car tumbled over and over but Jewel was spared the fear of it, for the first roll had slammed her head against her window, mercifully knocking her unconscious. The car became imbedded in snow blanketed trees, saving her from going into a deeper ravine, and death.
- Thank you! Have a wonderful weekend! ;-) twitter.com/unknown_templa… 1 year ago
- RT @mark_spiral: @dagonsblood Hi Virginia, Here's a free classroom app. Could you give it a try? get.spiral.ac/l7fx https://t.co/PhKXP… 1 year ago
- RT @unknown_templar: #newrelease THE CORTÉS TRILOGY is with us. UK readers check it out here amazon.co.uk/Cortés-Trilogy… US here https://t.co/4… 1 year ago
- Devil's night #FF @LaydenRobinson @ianthompson1701 @Bernice_Fischer @KiloUniform1 @jamesbryronlove @JAlanField @vlarrazabal @MarkRafidi ;-) 2 years ago
- Devil's night #FF @GhostiLeaks @Veres1869 @dmsfiles @JennaDBrandt @MyVintageSoul @GloriaFerris @aeTyree @elocio @LelaMarkham ;-) 2 years ago
- 179,330 Hits